Last Updated on January 16, 2021 by Pamela
Québec City should be appreciated from every angle possible, which means you should probably make time to ride the ferry from Québec City to Lévis.
Used by locals to commute to work, the ferry from Québec City to Lévis crosses the Saint-Lawrence River on a daily basis.
After boarding the ferry, make your way to the outdoor deck, find a seat, and enjoying the fresh air as you travel across the Saint-Lawrence River – a journey that will take about 12-15 minutes. As you reach the Lévis side of the river, disembark and explore this charming city (this walking tour in Lévis is highly recommended), or disembark and re-embark the ferry once more for the trip back to Québec City.
While I enjoy Lévis, Quebec, the return trip to Québec City is spectacular.
The views on the ferry from Québec City to Lévis are beautiful any time of year, but in my opinion summer and autumn are best. As the ride is 12-15 minutes each way, consider doing the following.
- Once you arrive in Lévis you’ll need to leave the ferry, but don’t worry, you can just walk back on!
- Take time to explore Lévis. Visit a cafe, have lunch or go on a walking tour.
- Add a little romance and bring along a small bottle of wine or champagne and a couple of eco-friendly glasses (I love these ones).
- Pack a wee ferry picnic! Bring a croissant, some cheese, fruit, and something sweet.
- A camera is a must! Make sure your battery is charged (This is my camera, but a good phone camera works too!).
- In autumn, brace yourself for stunning views of Québec City surrounded by gold, rust orange, and ruby red trees.
- Chilly day/evening? Dress warm and bring a travel-size blanket to help stay warm on deck (I have this one and love it).
- Consider riding the ferry at night. I love the way Québec City’s skyline sparkles at night.
Are you ready to ride the ferry from Québec City to Levis and enjoy a few minutes on the Saint-Lawrence River?
The ferry from Québec City to Lévis departs Québec City at 10, rue des Traversiers, and departs Lévis at 6001, rue Laurier.
For schedule, fare, or general ferry information call 1-877-787-7483, option 2.
Daily, 6:20am–2:20 am in Québec City and 6am–2am in Levis (review full schedule here)
Adults $3.66 CAD, one-way; $7.30 CAD, return
Vehicle, driver included $8.65 CAD, one-way; $17.30, return.