Last Updated on March 9, 2021 by Pamela
Quebec City should be appreciated from every angle possible, which means you should probably make time to ride the ferry from Quebec City to Levis (Lévis).
Used by locals to commute to work, the ferry from Quebec City to Levis crosses the Saint-Lawrence River on a daily basis.
After boarding the ferry, make your way to the outdoor deck, find a seat, and enjoying the fresh air as you travel across the Saint-Lawrence River – a journey which will take about 12-15 minutes. As you reach the Levis side of the river, disembark and explore this charming city (this walking tour in Levis is highly recommended), or disembark and re-embark the ferry once more for the trip back to Quebec City.
While I enjoy Levis, Quebec, the return trip to Quebec City is spectacular.
COVID UPDATE: As of March 9, 2021, most regions in Quebec (with the exception of Montreal and its surrounding regions) are now orange zone, with a 9:30pm – 5am curfew. Restaurants will now be open for dine-in (with restrictions), as well as gyms, museums, shops, and salons. Bars remain closed. Travel to Quebec at this time is not advisable. In the meantime, I hope you will utilize this site for travel inspiration and future travel planning!
The views on the ferry from Quebec City to Levis are beautiful any time of year, but in my opinion summer and autumn are best. As the ride is 12-15 minutes each way, consider doing the following.
- Once you arrive in Levis you’ll need to leave the ferry, but don’t worry, you can just walk back on!
- Take time to explore Levis. Visit a cafe, have lunch or go on a walking tour.
- Add a little romance and bring along a small bottle of wine or champagne and a couple of eco-friendly glasses (I love these ones).
- Pack a wee ferry picnic! Bring a croissant, some cheese, fruit, and something sweet.
- A camera is a must! Make sure your battery is charged (This is my camera, but a good phone camera works too!).
- In autumn, brace yourself for stunning views of Quebec City surrounded by gold, rust orange, and ruby red trees.
- Chilly day/evening? Dress warm and bring a travel-size blanket to help stay warm on deck (I have this one and love it).
- Consider riding the ferry at night. I love the way Quebec City’s skyline sparkles at night.
Are you ready to ride the ferry from Quebec City to Levis and enjoy a few minutes on the Saint-Lawrence River?
The ferry from Quebec City to Levis departs Quebec City at 10, rue des Traversiers, and departs Levis at 6001, rue Laurier.
For schedule, fare or general ferry information call 1-877-787-7483, option 2.
Daily, 6:20am–2:20 am in Quebec City and 6am–2am in Levis (review full schedule here)
Adults $3.66 CAD, one-way; $7.30 CAD, return
Vehicle, driver included $8.65 CAD, one-way; $17.30, return.